- "Think different and let us all change the world."
MR ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER
Former Governor, California & Founding Chair, R20: Regions of Climate Action
- "145 million tonnes of CO2 will be saved every year by the 100 GW solar target by 2020."
MR PRAKASH JAVADEKAR
Hon'ble Minister of State (IC) for Environment, Forest & Climate Change, India
- "The beginning of any transformation comes from compassion."
MR KAILASH SATYARTHI
Nobel Laureate and Founder, Bachpan Bachao Andolan & Chairperson, Global March Against Child Labour
- "Delay in climate change mitigation shifts the burden from present to future and if there is any delay in actions, the cost and feasibility of the action will go beyond our reac."
DR R K PACHAURI
Director-General, TERI & Chairman, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- "19th century was about production, 20th century was about consumption, while the 21st century is about sustainability"
LORD JOHN PRESCOTT
Former Deputy Prime Minister & Member of Parliament, House of Lords, UK
- "Being rational, developing mutual respect for each other, respect for nature, and responsibility towards the earth are the keys to sustainable development."
HE MR RUUD LUBBERS
Former Prime Minister, The Netherlands & Member, Club de Madrid
- "We are not aiming at creating heaven on Earth. On the contrary, we are trying to stop the Earth from sliding into hell."
DR ALEXANDER LIKHOTAL
President, Green Cross International
- "It is important to nurture growth with equality, harness economic growth by structural reforms."
DR SHAMSHAD AKHTAR
UN Under-Secretary-General & Executive Secretary, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN ESCAP)
- "The role of private sector in sustainable growth is a marathon, not a sprint!."
MR JEFF SEABRIGHT
Chief Sustainability Officer, Unilever PLC
- "Livelihood linked to sustainable ecology is the way towards sustainable development."
DR MUKUL M SANGMA
Hon'ble Chief Minister Meghalaya, India
- "Climate funds can produce huge opportunities for developing countries."
HE DR BHARRAT JAGDEO
Former President, Guyana
- "Real democracy is power sharing and transparency."
HE MR KJELL MAGNE BONDEVIK
Former Prime Minister, Norway & President, The Oslo Centre for Peace and Human Rights
- "Without international solidarity and enhanced financial support, Africa will not be able to meet the SDGs targets."
THE HON'BLE JAYESHWUR RAJ DAYAL
Minister of Environment, Sustainable Development, Disaster and Beach Management, Republic of Mauritius
- "It is important to come up with commitments like the $100 billion per year deal."
PROF. JEFFREY D SACHS
Director, The Earth Institute & Special Advisor to the UN Secretary-General (via video)
- "We need proper implementation and maintenance networks by bringing in corporate social responsibility so that toilets built under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan campaign are not just built, but also used."
MS NAINA LAL KIDWAI
Chairman, HSBC India & Executive Director on the Board of HSBC Asia-Pacific
- "It is imperative that human society reverses man-made disasters."
DR HEHERSON T ALVAREZ
Commissioner, Climate Change Commission & Former Secretary of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), The Philippines
- "This is the time to start the revolution to provide a clean earth to our generation."
DIWAN ZAINUL ABEDIN ALI KHAN
Head of the Ajmer Sharif (Ajmer Dargah)
- "Don't forget the poor, and don't make philanthropy a business, make it a charity."
DR KURIAKOSE BHARANIKULANGARA
Archbishop of Faridabad
Watch Speakers @ DSDS 2015
DSDS 2015 was host to a galaxy of speakers from diverse sectors, bringing together the best minds from the fields of government, business, academia, media, etc.