Youth Volunteer Programme
The World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) offers to provide young minds of the country with an exclusive opportunity to interact with and listen to world leaders by becoming a part of an international platform like its own.
The Youth Volunteer Programme at WSDS 2019 will offer a unique opportunity to undergraduate students to gain a first- hand experience of what goes behind the stage of a global platform like WSDS. The Summit itself will offer the volunteers a chance to witness engaging discussions on environmental policy making, implementation strategies, and solutions to existing climatic and environmental issues.
- Open to all undergraduate students
- Age bracket : 18-21 years
- Statement of Interest : Interested students need to submit an SOI, clearly stating their interest in volunteering for the Summit.
- Letter of Recommendation : Interested students need to upload a letter of recommendation either from their college Principal, Head of Department, or academic professor. The LOR should clearly mention the student’s name, institute name, enrolment id, and year of admission.
- Coordination with distinguished speakers and their facilitators
- Writing reports for allotted sessions during the Summit
- Coordination with TERI Press for publication of Summit bulletins
- Managing the registration desk during the Summit
- Manning the Greenovation exhibition on all three days of the Summit
- Assisting the floor management team of TERI’s in-house leads
- Assisting the TERI staff in venue logistics
- Helping the TERI team in A/V requirements and set up
Code of Conduct for Volunteers
- Dress code - Business formals
- All selected volunteers will need to adhere to event timings
- Attendance on all three days of the Summit is mandatory
Benefits of volunteering at WSDS
- An opportunity to interact with world leaders
- Exposure to environmental discussions of global importance
- Gaining a chance to interact with and listen to senior government officials and leading policy makers
- Receive a Certificate of Appreciation on completion of the programme
Students who have registered by 21st December can submit their LORs by 4th January, 2019. Please specify Name, College/Institution name while submitting.
Applying as an institute/college
We welcome student nominations from colleges and institutes as well:
- You can nominate a maximum of 2 students from your institute/college to participate in the volunteer programme
- Please fill the application form below to nominate the students and upload their documents
The WSDS Secretariat promises to ensure that it is an enriching experience for all Youth Volunteers