Youth Climate Conclave
Youth Climate Conclave is envisaged as a competitive and educative mode of action, wherein youth from across the country are invited to join hands to address issues of climate change. The programme is a part of the EU funded Strategic Partnership for Implementation of the Paris Agreement (SPIPA) project.
Apply to participate in Youth Climate Conclave which is scheduled to take place during the World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) 2020 held on 29- 31 January 2020. The three-day event will engage participants in the age bracket of 13-18 years and 19-25 years with training and capacity building on climate change, simulation exercise and aims to arrive at a consensus regarding climate change issues. The outcome of the conclave, Youth Declaration on Climate Change will be presented during the Summit.
Application has now been closed
The conclave also involved a series of activities such as photography and blogging competitions for youth whose winners were awarded alongside the presentation of the Youth Climate Declarations at the World Sustainable Development Summit 2020 held in New Delhi.
Winners of the photography contest:
- First Position: Vansh Bajaj, Gyan Bharti School, Saket, New Delhi
- Second Position: Khanak Lashkari, Subodh Public School, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Third Position: Jonas C Givi, Chinmaya Vidyalaya Vaduthala, Kochi, Kerala
- First Position: Arpita Nayak, ITM Business School, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Second Position: Akshat Shrivastava, TERI School of Advanced Studies, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
- Third Position: Vibhav Vikrant Tungare, ITM Business School, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra and Harshita Sharma, TERI School of Advanced Studies, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi